Wednesday 20 July 2011

Welcome to CapturedByPixels

Hello, and thanks for visiting this page.

I have created this blog to showcase and document my experiences with digital photography.  I am by definition an amateur photographer at this point. 

I have always had an interest in photography, during college I had taken a few photography courses in order to learn the terminology and techniques used in field.  Back then, digital photography was in its infancy, there were SLR digital cameras available, but cost was prohibitive.  I had learned a great deal about 35mm photography, how to set up the camera for a shot and have it turn out the way I wanted it to.

In this new age of digital photography, the photographer has instant feedback, and the camera is smart enough to do a lot of the work (if you let it).  The problem with this is, the art of setting up the camera and creating the shot is left in the dust.  Why bother with an expensive and intricate camera if all you plan to do is point and shoot in automatic mode.

My intention with this blog is to allow readers to follow along with me as I re-learn the ins and outs of photography, specifically digital photography.

Yesterday my wife and I purchased a Canon T3i DSLR camera, with a macro and a telephoto lense.  So far I am in love with this camera.  It shoots at 12 megapixel, and from the few shots I have so far taken, it has exceeded my expectations.

Thanks for checking this page out, and come back shortly to see some of my first pictures with this camera, and get an explanation of how I achieved the shot.

Bye for now

No comments:

Post a Comment